POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : A note on #debug output in v3.7, beta 29 : Re: A note on #debug output in v3.7, beta 29 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A note on #debug output in v3.7, beta 29
From: Kyle
Date: 15 Dec 2008 08:44:07
Message: <49465f27$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I experience the same in 3.6. Without "\n" the line is only written when the
> next #debug is met.

That's odd.  Just to be clear, when I render a file containing only the
following line in version 3.6 ...

#debug "My Debug Text"

... the text is written to the message window, right after the "Peak
memory used" message.  The text is not written to the message window in
version 3.7, beta 29.

So, you're saying that you do not see the text in the message window in
version 3.6?  What is the exact version that you are using?  Perhaps
it's different from mine.  I'm testing on version 3.6.1a.icl8.win32.