POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New NearInfinity demo up : Re: New NearInfinity demo up Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New NearInfinity demo up
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Dec 2008 22:19:00
Message: <4945cca4$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> Sounds like a neat idea. I'm guessing this works because water tension
> causes the rice paper to stick to a black backing?

Plus, the paper is thin enough that wetting it makes it more transparent.

> Simple, effective, but possibly fragile for young ones :(

Depends how young, I guess.

> Pretty cool. There's a gap at the end of a drawing run if the mouse is
> moving too fast. I assume you used an array to hold the positions/states
> of each circle? It must be a big array because I never found the end.

It is, of course, dynamically allocated. The fun thing is to compare the
size of the .class file with what you could build by hand. VADz is an old
technology to compress all kinds of interactive graphics down to a
relatively tiny size - we could put online order forms in a banner ad
smaller than most people could fit an advertisement in an animated GIF.

> Ack, HGE's hit-and-miss functionality is somewhat discouraging :(

It is strange. You'd think it would work or not. Maybe you're using some
feature which has to be supported by the card to work?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)