POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New NearInfinity demo up : Re: New NearInfinity demo up Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New NearInfinity demo up
From: stbenge
Date: 14 Dec 2008 19:39:16
Message: <4945a734@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> stbenge wrote:
>>> That's very Zen.  With the fading trails, that's sort of like one of
>>> those rice-paper pads you write on with water.
>>
>> I have no idea what you're talking about :)
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Buddha-Board/dp/B0010TEFFQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1
>
> It's a dark board with rice paper over it. When you paint with water, it
> leaves marks, but only till the water dries.

Sounds like a neat idea. I'm guessing this works because water tension
causes the rice paper to stick to a black backing? Simple, effective,
but possibly fragile for young ones :(

> One I did as a java VADz a long time ago:
> http://home.san.rr.com/dnew/ZenMaster.html

Pretty cool. There's a gap at the end of a drawing run if the mouse is
moving too fast. I assume you used an array to hold the positions/states
of each circle? It must be a big array because I never found the end.

>> Thank you for trying it! You're input is valuable, considering my
>> girlfriend could not get it working on her Vista x64 laptop. It may be
>> a screen/video driver problem though.
>
> Possibly. This has one of those high-end 5.0 Vista cards, a Radeon HD 4850.

Ack, HGE's hit-and-miss functionality is somewhat discouraging :(

Sam