POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New NearInfinity demo up : Re: New NearInfinity demo up Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New NearInfinity demo up
From: stbenge
Date: 13 Dec 2008 14:38:54
Message: <49440f4e@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> stbenge <THI### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> hgeSprite *tile[8*8]
>
>> and filled it like this:
>
>> v=0;
>> for(y=0;y<8;y++){
>>   for(x=0;x<8;x++){
>>    tile[int(v)]=new hgeSprite(tiles,x*132+1,y*132+1,128,128);
>>    v++;
>>   }
>> }
>
>   Does the HGE library force you to write code like that? If so, then it
> really sucks.

Don't use HGE to insult me... if that's what you are doing. I could have
written my loop a different way and used less code, but I feel
comfortable typing it out that way. I come from a
QBASIC/Euphoria/POV-Ray background, so I code the l_o_n_g way. Or do you
mean the way each sprite has to be made new? There might be better ways
to do it, for all I know.

I think a good programmer would be able make a large, clean program
using libraries that may have problems. I would like to be that
programmer, and I'm humble enough to admit that I'm not there. When it
comes down to it, all libraries and all languages are going to have
problems.

Sam