POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have a laugh! : Re: Have a laugh! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have a laugh!
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Dec 2008 13:13:47
Message: <4943fb5b$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Still doesn't help unless you *recognise* which words need correcting. ;-)

That's what I said. Anything you're not 100% sure is right, you look up
until you are.

> Yeah, I geuss so. Or because, you know, in reality you'd use a BST. ;-)

That too. I can't remember the last time I implemented my own hash table or
sort.

> You're seriously telling me I'm in the 95th percentile of the entire
> population in writing skills?

I suspect that's correct, yes.

> Even though I manifestly can't spell?

Spelling is technique. It's like leaving the semicolon off the end of a
statement in a programming language.

> I didn't think I was *that* good... but then I guess I don't have
> anything to objectively compare to.

Trust me. Unless you have actual scientists there (i.e., folks who try to
publish papers in journals rather than filling out forms that are the
results of lab tests), you're probably the best writer in your company,
would be my guess.

Go to one of the marketing people and ask them to spend 20 minutes to write
a one-page document on exactly what your company does for a living. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)