POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hey cool : Re: Hey cool Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hey cool
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Dec 2008 20:20:47
Message: <49430def$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> (Or install an X server on Windows.)
>
> As if that was too hard!

I didn't say it was hard. It's simply unnecessary. Running a program
remotely isn't the only problem this solves. It lets me also set up an
environment at home matching the one at work, including Apache, MySQL, etc
etc etc, none of which reliably work the same under Windows.

I can't believe I'm getting arguments against running Linux on this forum. ;-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)