POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New NearInfinity demo up : Re: New NearInfinity demo up Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New NearInfinity demo up
From: stbenge
Date: 12 Dec 2008 17:41:13
Message: <4942e889@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:38:26 stbenge wrote:
>> I initialized the array like this:
>>
>> hgeSprite *tile[8*8]
>
> 'tile' itself is not dynamically allocated. The elements contained in
> 'tile' however are pointers to dynamically allocated objects, and
> therefore need to be deallocated individually.

I see. The array itself was not dynamic, so there was no reason to
delete it. Despite my limited knowledge of the subject, I managed to do
the right thing by deleting them individually... They were deleted in
the same manner as they were created. There's more to this issue I need
to explore, and I'm not ashamed to admit it ;)

Who's going to trust my programs, now that my ignorance is known? I
could always provide the source...

Sam