POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hey cool : Re: Hey cool Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hey cool
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Dec 2008 15:41:53
Message: <4942cc91$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> I have OpenSUSE 11 installed as a guest OS under Virtual PC, so I no
>> longer have to reboot my machine to answer a boss' question about
>> something funky some Linux box is doing, or use ssh to tunnel a
>> graphical interface from a server, or something like that. Niiice.
>
> Uh... why not just use a Windows SSH client?

Because ssh is a transport, and X is a graphics subsystem? Kind of the same
reason I use pov-ray to draw pictures instead of VI.

Let me rephrase, since I seem to have confused people. Now I can remotely
log in to a server via SSH and run GUI programs on that server without
having to stop what I'm doing in Windows.  (Or install an X server on Windows.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)