POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GIMP hotkeys/ scripts/ user-defined functions? : Re: Undirected rambling Server Time
9 Oct 2024 22:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Undirected rambling
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Dec 2008 15:17:41
Message: <4942c6e5@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> I thought you had taken them from a website or something :)

No. When I post rants from web sites, I include the links. My .sig and my
complaints are always mine. :-)

> I remember asking why on Earth the S in SOAP stood for "Simple". I was told
> it's simple compared to things like CORBA.

It's simple in the sense that you connect from your computer to the server,
exchange a message, and drop the connection. CORBA gives you things like
directories, proxies, data conversion servers, etc etc etc.  So SOAP gets
the message there and back. CORBA in addition tells you where the message is
  supposed to go, whether someone's server is working, what message you're
allowed to send next, and stuff like that.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)