POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GIMP hotkeys/ scripts/ user-defined functions? : Re: Undirected rambling Server Time
9 Oct 2024 22:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Undirected rambling
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 12 Dec 2008 13:57:13
Message: <4942b408@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Yeah. I can't tell you how often people have said "The interface is easy.
> It's XML."   "Oh, can I have the schema?"   "We don't have one, but here's
> some example records."   WTF?

I kept a quote from one of your posts in this newsgroup.

"XML: We're too lazy to document our data interchange formats, so we're
hoping that by using an inefficient format, it'll include enough
information that you can guess what we mean by looking at examples. Plus,
it lets us pretend to parse it correctly by writing simple but incorrect
code ourselves!"

(btw, in the same post there were other "descriptions", about SOAP and
something else, but I can't find them; do you still have them?)