POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Learning C++ : Re: Learning C++ Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Learning C++
From: scott
Date: 12 Dec 2008 10:36:36
Message: <49428504@news.povray.org>
>  I once tried to look how I would create a simple dialog which contained
> some radio buttons, textfields and buttons directly with the Win32 API,
> and
> I was absolutely horrified at how horrendously difficult it is.

The only thing I ever do with the Win32 API by hand is to create a simple
window for applications that solely use Direct3D, it is just a few lines of
code and much faster and cleaner than using any IDE.

For a real windows-based application with textfields, buttons etc, you'd be
mad to try and code it by hand, unless you wanted to generate a load of
icons/text boxes algorithmically.