POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GIMP hotkeys/ scripts/ user-defined functions? : Re: Undirected rambling Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Undirected rambling
From: nemesis
Date: 12 Dec 2008 10:26:27
Message: <494282a3@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> But then, we're talking about a weakly-typed language, so unfortunately
> it's kind of unavoidable...

Please don't counfound dynamic typing with weak typing.  Python, Scheme
and Smalltalk are all strongly typed languages.  C, Perl and Tcl are
weakly typed.  I'd be very surprised if Smalltalk refactoring wouldn't
take class scope in consideration for scoped refactorings.

I still prefer "monkey patching" or "ninja patching" to refactoring,
though. ;)