POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have a laugh! : Re: Have a laugh! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have a laugh!
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Dec 2008 10:11:10
Message: <49427f0e$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> Just copy&paste from the pdf into Word and do the spell check from
>>> there.
>>
>> Doesn't work. The ligatures get all screwed up.
>>
>> Besides, it's fairly labour-intensive.
>
> OK so it messes up the ligatures and hyphens, but the above is a start!

True. But it could only be for a final, labour-intensive pass.

> But for the long term solution, definitely find a spell checker that
> works in Latex.

Heh. Maybe I should *write* one? ;-)

> Are there not any IDEs specifically for Latex that will
> flag up spelling errors in-place?

Yes: Vim, Ecams, LyX, and any mannar of other Unix-based tools. :-P

Actually, it appears that Aspell can do it, and is easily installable on
Windows. But I'll have to do that at home; anything I install at work
has to be recorded, and it already looks suspecious as hell that I've
installed stuff like IrfanView, MiKTeX, Firefox, Thunderbird, Ghostscript...