POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texture for "X-ray" type image : Re: Texture for "X-ray" type image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture for "X-ray" type image
From: Warp
Date: 12 Dec 2008 08:32:24
Message: <494267e8@news.povray.org>
uekstrom <uekstrom at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi all. I am trying to make a texture for producing images that look a bit like
> x-ray pictures (see for example
> http://cebas.com/products/feature.php?UD=10-7888-33-788&PID=45&FID=401 for what
> I mean). For doing this I think I need a transparent or filter value that
> depends on the surface normal. The surface should be transparent when facing
> the camera and opaque when viewed from the side. Is it possible to specify this
> in some simple way?

  The official povray doesn't have an angle-of-incidence pattern, but it
does have a slope pattern:

http://povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/393/

  You can most probably achieve the effect you want with that pattern, by
making the slope vector point towards the camera. (But because it's not an
angle-of-incidence patter, it won't work properly for reflections, etc.)

--
                                                          - Warp