POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GIMP hotkeys/ scripts/ user-defined functions? : Re: Undirected rambling Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Undirected rambling
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Dec 2008 04:43:10
Message: <4942322e@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> I was under the impression that Smalltalk was the first system to have
> refactoring built into the UI.  I might be wrong about that, as I can't
> find anything online easily backing up that assertion.
>
> Nevermind.

Rick-click that method name, select "rename", it renames it in all your
code.

Although IIRC, there was some catch to it... I think it might be that it
does a simepl find-and-replace, without awareness as to WHICH CLASS
you're dealing with. So if class X and some unrelated class Y both have
a "foo" method and you rename it to "bar", it's renamed for *both*
classes. Which usually isn't what you want.

But then, we're talking about a weakly-typed language, so unfortunately
it's kind of unavoidable...