POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 24 bit heightfields : Re: 24 bit heightfields Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:31:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 24 bit heightfields
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 11 Dec 2008 19:52:34
Message: <4941b5d1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> But using some creative coding, I can get an isosurface out of a
> heightfield. I lose almost all interpolation though; it looks like a
> heightfield without the "smooth" parameter.

http://imagebin.ca/view/5lUU-ge.html

Source attached.

"interpolate 2" in the image_map is absolutely necessary. Without
interpolation, it like a bunch of square blocks, one for each pixel; the
function gradient and the render times go through the roof, and it looks
ugly. With it, the isosurface looks like a non-smoothed heightfield.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)