POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GIMP hotkeys/ scripts/ user-defined functions? : Re: Undirected rambling Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Undirected rambling
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Dec 2008 18:41:35
Message: <4941a52f$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Darren keeps trying to insist that Tcl is the best programming language
> there is for that kind of thing.]

No. I just insist it's possible to use it for that kind of thing, having
done so many times. :-)

It's not the best. Up until a couple of years ago, it was the scripting
language with the most useful features like threads, GUI, could run as a
service, could package into a single executable, could be embedded, etc.

Nowadays, I suspect Python has a lot of traction in that sort of area.

> It's like going from a non-OO language to an OO language; you have to
> get used to thinking in a different way. And until you do, you keep
> trying to structure programs in a way that doesn't work well, and
> getting frustrated when the result is a malfunctioning mess.

I was saying I suspect you were building your OO programs in a way that made
them hard to change argument types.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)