POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GIMP hotkeys/ scripts/ user-defined functions? : Re: Undirected rambling Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Undirected rambling
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Dec 2008 14:08:02
Message: <49416512$1@news.povray.org>
>> Apparently I'm strange.
>
> We knew that.

Oh, thanks.

I wonder I have no self-esteem...

>> For me, this is *the* most common class of errors.
>
> Odd. Maybe as you're coding you don't have a good model of what the code
> is doing in your head already? If you're good at functional stuff, you
> may be very good at specifying results but not so good at thinking about
> the step-by-step process of getting to the results?

It's more that when you have a very large number of things, some of
which are important and some of which are incidental, you tend to forget
about some of them.

Also, if you *change* how your code works (e.g., you add an extra layer
of indirection), having a type system means you can just follow the
error messages to find the exact places where you need to change something.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/