POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell : Re: Haskell Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 11 Dec 2008 13:13:00
Message: <4941582c@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> "Mueen Nawaz" <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote in message
>> somebody wrote:
>
>>> miserable. In fact, I think abiding by ethical principles only when
>>> convenient is, well, not really much of a virtue, but that's just me.
> You
>
>> Your statement would have value if abiding by ethical principles was a
>> binary state. Some don't see the world that way.
>
> Fair enough. I freely admit that stealing a loaf of bread whilst starving is
> vastly a different proposition than pirating Haskell books, and implied as
> much (quoting myself; "...I really cannot imagine a circumstance under which
> not pirating Haskell books would cause suffering for me"). In the former
> case, I'd say that not stealing the bread is the unethical choice. On the
> other hand, software, audio or media piracy doesn't follow from necessity at
> all, the sob stories to justify it notwithstanding. It won't cause any sort
> of suffering not to have an mp3 of the latest hit, or not to have a copy of
> the latest version of Photoshop. It only follows from entitlement mentality,
> not of necessity. There are literally millions of web pages with free
> information about anything you can imagine, including Haskell, there is
> radio, TV, libraries (the brick and mortar kind), OS or free software that
> does pretty much anything you are likely to need... etc. Piracy
> justification arguments are vacuous for that reason.

U try to show urself tolerant and understanding but u don't see the big
picture and when I tried to show to u, u wrote that my ethics has no
much virtue and that utterly I have not valid excuse, yeah... right...

Totalitarian ppl like urself is what causes ppl to have all kinds of
trouble, like dictators for example or closed minded-regimens like
Communist Governments. That is simply not being tolerant or understanding.

I'm not saying I feel guilty, all the contrary, but narrowing the vision
because u assume "u know" my current condition and my Country's
therefore I'm totally guilty is wrong and pretentious assumption from u.
I wrote u once that u don't care enough to imagine less fortunate
conditions than urs and u still don't but u pretend to give me solutions
that are ethically correct and would simply be the "perfect" solution no
mather what I can argument. As I mentioned before u as other "perfect"
Christians (Catholic and Protestants included) are the first to betray
their ethics when things get hard, I laugh at "ethic" and "legal" ppl
claiming  how perfect they behave, the higher they are the harder they
fall, I have seen it COUNTLESS times. Ppl that actually sees necessity
where there are some has true ethics and endures even prosper in harsh
times. I'm not one of them but I try to imitate them, I have ethics that
most technicians don't follow coz it's "too good". The only complain
u'll probably find on any of my clients or my Company's clients is that
I'm slow, coz I take 3 times the time to make a PC/Notebook, the fastest
and secured possible today with all the software they're gonna need.

The system tools and utilities I use to make my job are often google
searchs to find the best tools, some of them are freeware, those are
mostly the software I use not the latest mp3 or apps, even I could
EASILY download probably all that I would want. I have ethics, one that
can respect ppl and their property and can put food on my plate for me
and my family. U think what ever u want about it, u don't know me, my
situation and probably don't even know where Bolivia is a World map, let
alone the way of life here or any third world Country for that matter.
But u must be comfortably  earning enough money to live and pay ur way
of life in a first world Country with all the things u want at pass of
ur credit card... so typical...