POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Solid meshes in CSG : Re: Solid meshes in CSG Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:28:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solid meshes in CSG
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 11 Dec 2008 08:46:37
Message: <494119bd$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   There's nothing really strange about solid meshes which do not form a
> closed surface, as long as the inside_vector is defined properly.

In fact, my understanding is whether it is closed or not is irrelevant.  Even if you
define a simple closed polyhedron,  if you don't have an inside_vector defined
properly, the system has no way of determining if that's a finite solid or a hole in
an infinite solid.

It's all about the inside_vector...