POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Timer Trouble : Re: Timer Trouble Server Time
16 May 2024 23:36:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Timer Trouble
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Dec 2008 16:18:59
Message: <49403243$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:47:12 -0500, clipka wrote:

> Now I notice that the Linux system timer is running WAY TOO FAST, about
> twice the regular speed. I set the clock at ~19:45; at 20:20 it showed
> 20:58, and at 20:43 it is showing 21:44 presently.

With or without MegaPOV running?

If with, you may want to ask in the Debian community, as there will be
many more people who have experience with this sort of issue in the
kernel.

I've seen this myself in VMware VMs with a laptop using Intel Speedstep -
it's been a few versions since this was a problem, but I've never seen it
in a native kernel installation.

Jim