POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small security problem : Re: A small security problem Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small security problem
From: scott
Date: 10 Dec 2008 04:59:34
Message: <493f9306@news.povray.org>
>> Geez, what sort of people have you got working there?  Surely that sort
>> of behaviour demands some sort of official warning, it's not like you're
>> at school messing about.
>
> Probably. But that's not my department. From *my* chair, the issue is that
> only certain individuals should even be able to do that in the first
> place.

Oh right, good luck, next you'll have to stop him from pressing the reset
button, then from turning the machine off at the mains, then from unplugging
the network cable etc.  It quickly becomes impossible to stop someone who is
set on causing disruption, far better to give them an "incentive" not to do
it - like "oi stop this behaviour or you'll be sacked" :-).