POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GIMP hotkeys/ scripts/ user-defined functions? : Re: GIMP hotkeys/ scripts/ user-defined functions? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 17:50:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GIMP hotkeys/ scripts/ user-defined functions?
From: nemesis
Date: 9 Dec 2008 16:20:05
Message: <493ee105@news.povray.org>
gregjohn escreveu:
> Hello. I'm interested in inserting a certain operation into GIMP (resize to X
> pixels).  I'm sure I could figure out the way to achieve this functionality if
> I knew GIMP's terminology for such.
>
> Can someone educate me on what GIMP calls this kind of thing, if it were to have
> it?

You can try Filters -> Script-Fu -> Console.  I think all of Gimp's API
is available in this way.  It has a very handy procedure browser, with
documentation and a search box.  For instance, searching for resi
already gives 2 functions for image resizing and 2 for layer resizing.

It's Gimp's default scripting language, a TinyScheme interpreter.  Don't
  feel terrified, Scheme is a very easy language and in any case you'll
be using it just to call functions.  Syntax is simple:  (function-name
par1 par2 par3 ...).  That's it, the name of the function is the first
thing in the procedure call and it comes inside the parentheses.

Hope that helps.