POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blurred light reflections : Re: Blurred light reflections Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred light reflections
From: Alain
Date: 9 Dec 2008 15:09:09
Message: <493ed065@news.povray.org>
robinmckenzie nous illumina en ce 2008-12-04 16:22 -->
> I'm trying to recreate this awesome scene:
>
> http://darkaan.deviantart.com/art/Light-Balls-v-2-1680x1050-67946500
>
> Any ideas on how to reproduce the blurred light relections / (phongs?) without
> taking years to render would be appreciated.
>
> I've modelled with a light source within each ball, but this is highly
> processor-intensive, prob due to the large number of light sources.  Is there
> any other way to acheive the effect?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robin

When you create a scene that use several objects with blured reflection that can
reflect each other, you must be carefull.
You don't want to reflect a blured reflection from another blured reflection.
What to do?
Have each objects in double. One with only normal reflection and no_image, the
other with the blured reflection and no_reflection.

Whenever you directly see an object, you will see the one with the blured
reflection. Whenever you see the object in a reflection, you'll see the one with
the normal reflection.

But, the image you linked to, don't use blured reflection. It's a radiosity
scene. The bright parts glow by themselve using high ambient with a slightly
bluish pigment. The floor is a plain white plane. There are NO regular light_source.

--
Alain
   My wife's such a bad cook, the dog begs for Alka-Seltzer.