POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music Fingerprinting ..? : Re: Music Fingerprinting ..? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music Fingerprinting ..?
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Dec 2008 10:59:03
Message: <493e95c7$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> They don't work from the serial number as such, but they make up some
> sort of hash code based on the track lengths etc.

I don't know about that... One time, I had a CD sitting on my desk, and
I noticed that round the spindle hole there is some *tiny* writing
that's barely readable.

I typed the code number into Google. It instantly gave me the entire
track listing for the CD. (!) Just from the 200-digit code printed on
the CD's surface. I imagine CDDB reads this same code. (It's almost
certainly burned onto the data track as well as being printed on the label.)

The best thing is, the CD in question was "Best Trance Anthems EVER
volume #1,374" or something! :-D