POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reverse psychology in action : Re: Reverse psychology in action Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reverse psychology in action
From: scott
Date: 9 Dec 2008 03:05:05
Message: <493e26b1$1@news.povray.org>
>> when I told her I usually look about 10 cars up the road so can see if
>> they are really stopping or not.
>
> That's my biggest annoyance with the big SUVs and pick-ups that are
> popular here in the last tens of years. You can no longer look to see what
> the traffic is doing in front of them, because their windshields are 5'
> higher than yours are.

Yeh with those (and trucks) I just keep a bigger gap in front of me,
sometimes it amazes me how close people drive behind such vehicles when they
can't see what's going on further up the road.  Sometimes you can just drive
a little more to the left of the lane and see past them, but this only works
if the road is straight or bending to the left a bit, makes me feel safer if
I can do that.