POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : infested computers - how does it happen? : Re: infested computers - how does it happen? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: infested computers - how does it happen?
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Dec 2008 16:06:58
Message: <493d8c72$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> (I wonder how many people think you have to connect a PC to special "PC
> speakers"?)

Errr, you do.  A "PC speaker" is one with an amplifier built in.

And yes, I use the high-def audio on my computers. One of them is running my
stereo/TV/etc, so that's a no-brainer.

Amusingly enough, we struggled to hear the audio at work that people had
phoned in. Pressing the speakers up against your ears trying to hear, and
all that. Then, when we closed the office, and I was taking apart the
machines, it was all "Oh gee, there's a USB connector on the speakers, and
that's for *power*, not for machines that only have USB speakers." Pretty
amusing all around.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)