POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small security problem : A small security problem Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  A small security problem
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Dec 2008 06:11:04
Message: <493d00c8@news.povray.org>
OK, so on the basis that somebody here might already know the answer to
this one...

I want to give certain users the power to stop and restart a specific
service at will. I can do this by adding them to the local
Administrators group - however, that would *also* give them the power to
log other users off of the PC, which I don't want. Is there some way to
allow them to control this service, but *not* allow them to kick people
off the PC?

Also, just for your amusement: The PCs in question run Windows NT 4.0
SP6a. >_<