POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unhappy? : Re: Unhappy? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 22:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unhappy?
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Dec 2008 15:00:52
Message: <493c2b74$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> It is more his general attitude that if people live longer everything
> will stay the same except for that. I think society will change.

Undoubtably. I just am not sure it'll change for better or worse. I'm
thinking for better, for many of the reasons already explained here.

> then we are not even talking about who will live longer and who won't
> get treatment. His malaria example is a good one in that respect.

Yep.

> I think we may know about the same amount about both issues. Not a lot,
> but growing rapidly.

Hmmmm...  I've heard many people say we know most of what we need to know to
figure out how to live longer.  I've heard very few serious scientists say
anything about modifying your brain to change how you think.

> He was arguing from a conviction.

Could be. He certainly didn't have what you'd call a balanced argument. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)