POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vista Annoyances : Re: Vista Annoyances Server Time
9 Oct 2024 22:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista Annoyances
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Dec 2008 13:57:29
Message: <493acb19$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I really can't understand why the "real-world metaphor" GUI is so
> popular even though every single GUI design guide I know vehemently
> speaks against using that metaphor.

Software publishers thinks is gives you less to learn. They're wrong, mind. :-)

>   Secondly, those devices are *not* that easy and intuitive to use, precisely
> because of the limitations.

That's what I think is cool about the new digital snapshot cameras that
automate so much (focus on faces, figure out you need fill light, etc). They
*are* a lot easier to use, without making them any more complicated. Of
course, it can take control away when you want a night-shot of the moon or
something, but for 95% of the photos, it's a lot easier with no extra
complexity. *That* is how devices should be.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)