POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reverse psychology in action : Re: Reverse psychology in action Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reverse psychology in action
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 6 Dec 2008 03:14:42
Message: <493a3472@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:

> Just did this today - was talking with someone on the phone and told him
> to waid if I pause for a few seconds - driving and merging and the like.

This, by the way, is the best way to find where you're going, if you
don't have a navigator - get someone who knows the way around to phone.
Having handsfree is a big plus though.

> Tho, only 1 hand on the wheel.

I usually drive one hand on the wheel, even without a telephone (then
again, I do have a handsfree). The other one is either changing gear
(continously in towns), handling radio/ac or just resting.

> I don't think it is the phone itself, but getting into the conversation
> that causes the problems.

I agree, as long as you don't need to do 3 other things at the same time
- put a blinker on, turn on the windscreen wipers, change gear and turn
the car  :).

-Aero