POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vista Annoyances : Re: Vista Annoyances Server Time
9 Oct 2024 22:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista Annoyances
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Dec 2008 11:57:54
Message: <49395d92$1@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:
> You may also want to disable the indexing service. It makes searching
> faster but just about everything else slower.

I did that for backups, yes, but that didn't seem to be what was causing
that particular problem.  Indexing seems to get out of the way pretty well
in Vista, at least in my experience. Once the index is built, I haven't had
a problem. I'm leaving it on until it actually causes a problem.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)