POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : infested computers - how does it happen? : Re: infested computers - how does it happen? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: infested computers - how does it happen?
From: Halbert
Date: 5 Dec 2008 11:34:35
Message: <4939581b@news.povray.org>
>  I suppose that it wouldn't help to install a good firewall and resident
> malware scanners in their computers because they would nevertheless pay
> zero attention to what the software is telling them and allow everything.

I believe they are being sent out with Windows Defender and Symantec
Antivirus. The firewall is activated when the machines go out, but if people
are being indescriminate about the software they install then they are still
going to have problems. I don't have those problems and I tend to use my
work laptop for all manner of things that are not work related- I'm using it
now in just such a manner.
In the office, we have a well-designed efficient network with Cisco
firewalls and VPN. We haven't had any bandwidth problems since they sarted
filtering certain types of traffic and all our french interns went back to
school.