POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unhappy? : Re: Unhappy? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unhappy?
From: Invisible
Date: 5 Dec 2008 11:18:08
Message: <49395440$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Imagine what happens if people live for 200 years or more. How will
>> the society be organized. Who will be in charge do you think? What
>> will happen to creativity?
>
> So long as it happens gradually (which I think is likely) I don't see
> the problem.  I also assume that if people live until 200, they will
> also be perfectly ok to carry on working until they are well past 100
> years old.  As is the situation now, jobs that require a lot of
> experience will be carried out by people who are like 120 years old, and
> jobs that require young fit energetic people will be done by people
> between 30 and 60.  Maybe education will even be adjusted to last
> longer?  I mean if you are going to work for 100 years, you might as
> well have a few more years education at the beginning.

The problem is, people are often *alive* until the age of 80 or
something, but the period of time where they're able to do useful work
is still more or less what it was before.

How many 80 year old people do you know who can drive 400 miles per day,
every day, without killing somebody? They exist, but they're fairly rare...

PS. I feel old already! And I'm not 80 yet...