POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unhappy? : Re: Unhappy? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unhappy?
From: scott
Date: 5 Dec 2008 10:10:23
Message: <4939445f@news.povray.org>
> Imagine what happens if people live for 200 years or more. How will the
> society be organized. Who will be in charge do you think? What will happen
> to creativity?

So long as it happens gradually (which I think is likely) I don't see the
problem.  I also assume that if people live until 200, they will also be
perfectly ok to carry on working until they are well past 100 years old.  As
is the situation now, jobs that require a lot of experience will be carried
out by people who are like 120 years old, and jobs that require young fit
energetic people will be done by people between 30 and 60.  Maybe education
will even be adjusted to last longer?  I mean if you are going to work for
100 years, you might as well have a few more years education at the
beginning.