POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : infested computers - how does it happen? : Re: infested computers - how does it happen? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: infested computers - how does it happen?
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 5 Dec 2008 08:07:10
Message: <4939277e@news.povray.org>
news:49392211$1@news.povray.org...
> 1. Why would having unused programs running make the computer slow? Surely
> mahjong doesn't consume any CPU time if it isn't "doing" anything...?

consumes memory even if it's idle .... right?

> 2. Didn't notice the taskbar then? Heh. I've noticed more non-experts seem
> to think that the myriad of status indicators on the screen are "just
> decoration". They don't comprehend that these things *tell* you stuff.

Nope she didn't. I tried to give her the quick tour and gave up when I
noticed she had that glazed over look in her eye's as I was trying to
explain "auto hide"

> 3. Digital camera? Oh, enjoy supporting it... ;-)

haha .... i'm hoping my wife settles on the Fisher Price camera. It has the
fewest buttons and settings!