POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : infested computers - how does it happen? : Re: infested computers - how does it happen? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: infested computers - how does it happen?
From: Halbert
Date: 4 Dec 2008 17:29:30
Message: <493859ca$1@news.povray.org>
Our tech guy is always groaning about home users- that is users who work
from home using company owned laptops, whose computers are always infested
with malware. The worst cases are usually people who let their children
occaisionally use the equipment to surf the internet. Another one who always
has alot of trouble is the 82 year old founder of our company who doesn't
actually actively work at the company anymore but is always calling saying
he constantly gets unrelenting popups advertising sex websites. I wonder
what he may have been up to?
I think most of the time these people aren't paying attention to the things
they click on including reading the license agreements, etc.
The company I work for is in far from having a fascist attitude toward what
people are using the equipment for, but we recently had to block some
websites including youtube, myspace and facebook and the that has really
improved our network utilization.