POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vista Annoyances : Re: Vista Annoyances Server Time
9 Oct 2024 17:49:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista Annoyances
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Dec 2008 12:33:40
Message: <49381474$1@news.povray.org>
Oh, and it looks like the CPU clock speed gets turned up pretty much
instantly when you start a compute-bound process, so unless Tom's Hardware
was running performance tests on a laptop without setting it to "high
performance" first, it looks like that wasn't why their tests showed it
CPU-slower.  Why it would be, I don't know, except I had a bad combination
of drivers that was making something in the audio system suck up like 7% CPU
time, audio conflicting with disk drive RAID or something weird, but I'd
think they'd have looked at the performance of an "idle" system and said
"Gee, there's something odd there." Or at least have mentioned it, if they
didn't take time to fix it first.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)