POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reverse psychology in action : Re: Reverse psychology in action Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reverse psychology in action
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Dec 2008 11:03:21
Message: <4937ff49@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> *Clearly* you've never been in a car with my mother. ;-)
>
> My wife's somewhat like that too.  Or worse, she'll gasp and cringe when
> the guy a quarter mile ahead hits the brakes, like I'm not even looking
> out the window or something. Or she'll shout "Watch out!" when she sees
> someone walking thru a parking lot we're driving past.

My grandmother is like that. She generally won't let us drive on
motorways because it's too "dangerous".

Actually, most accidents happen at junctions. You've got people
starting, stopping, changing direction, and generally weaving around. On
a motorway, everybody's heading in the same direction.

Also, on lots of roads you get people, children and even small dogs
wandering across the road and getting mowed down. Generally doesn't
happen on motorways.

Admittedly what you *do* have on motorways is people who think they own
the road and it's OK to push other people off it. But they're a minority.

It's really quite distracting when every time anybody changes lane, the
women jumps out of her skin.

She also won't let anybody drive at more than about 40 MPH...