POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: scott
Date: 4 Dec 2008 08:11:46
Message: <4937d712@news.povray.org>
>>I sharpen my big kitchen knife about once every month, it surprising how
>>you
>
> I sharpen my kitchen knifes every other time I use them with a "Kitchen
> Devils

Hehe I only use it about once or twice a week, so sharpening it once a month
is all that is usually necessary.

>>The only disadvantage with a really sharp knife is that you don't even
>>notice when you've cut yourself "oh, why is this potato red inside?" :-)
>>

> Eh! Rule number # cut away from yourself or even better use a potato
> peeler.

Oh this was for slicing up the potato, without realising I had sliced into
my thumb, just enough for a tiny bit of blood to spread across the wet skin
and wet potato.  It took me a few seconds to realise what had happened!

BTW, are those things for dicing onions any good? I saw one but it looked so
flimsy the thought of putting an onion in there to dice all in once go
looked like it would just snap the thing.