POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stranger than fiction : Re: Stranger than fiction Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stranger than fiction
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 3 Dec 2008 16:15:33
Message: <4936f6f5$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Wait - I just said "are they just reflections of the light source".
>
> So are they or aren't they?

In POV-Ray, they are just reflections of the light source. In real life,
you see highlights for any relatively bright object, because any
relatively bright object behaves like a light source.

I see highlights on my tea mug that correspond to the TV, several lights
and the bit of paper next to it on the coffee table. On closer
inspection, they're all just regular reflections, and everything else in
the room is insufficiently bright to show up.

If I'm just being confusing, you should menace me with your best baby
panda impression... :)