POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reverse psychology in action : Re: Reverse psychology in action Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reverse psychology in action
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Dec 2008 13:48:40
Message: <4936d488$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> It should be illegal to drive in a dangerous manner, not to fall foul of
> some arbitrary rule someone has made up,

In the USA, laws left entirely up to the judgement of the law
enforcers/courts are frowned upon. It's in the constitution and everything.
You're supposed to be able to read a law and know whether you're breaking
the law without having to actually get arrested first.

One of the problems with the anti-monopoly laws is that they are (or at
least were) very vague in these areas, to the point where it's impossible to
know before getting complained at that there's something wrong.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)