POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Dec 2008 13:40:21
Message: <4936d295$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Probably not many. No way of knowing *who* though. :-P

You would be surprised. If you ever ordered something online, for example,
somebody knows who it was. There are entire systems set up to figure out
which IPs are in what areas based on people with close IP numbers filling
out demographics on cooperating systems.  I.e., I have 192.23.45.12, and
someone with 192.23.45.15 fills out a form somewhere that says they live on
my street. There's a good chance 192.23.45.12 is in the same postal code.
That's part of how "geolocation" works.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)