POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Dec 2008 09:26:26
Message: <49369712@news.povray.org>
>> Indeed. I bought a large LCD computer monitor from John Lewis. After
>> about 8 months, the backlight quit working. IIRC, it took something
>> like a week for them to deliver a brand new replacement monitor and
>> take the old one away. Which isn't bad really, eh?
>
> Not bad.

That's what I call service! ;-)

>> The only problem is that they don't sell a huge range of stuff. (Or at
>> least, stuff I'd want to buy.) Having just said that, last week they
>> sold me a Tilby and some rather fetching gloves...
>
> Tilby? Hmm I'm trying to picture you in a trilby.

OK, so I didn't press the key hard enough! :-P

If I get time I'll take a photograph... with the brown shirt, brown
pinstripe trousers and matching brown pinstripe Trilby, *I* think I look
rather dashing. ;-) Certainly it caused a stir at work yesterday...

>> On the other hand... don't you just hate it when you go somewhere and
>> you're all like "yes, I'd like to buy this £2,000 item here please"
>> and they're all like "meh, I can't be bothered, go away". (!!)
>
> Nah never had that... oh wait ;-)

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE!!

>> and a reel of tape that's wider in the center than at the edges, so
>> the tape always curls when you pull it off.
>
> Que?

I mean the reel is spherical rather than cylindrical. :-P It's warped
slightly...

>> Plus the scisors won't get the tape either.
>
> Wow how blunt are these scissors? Sounds like you need a whetstone.

Well, technically they *cut* the tape... but the tape then sticks to
them. I'd assert that I need a tape dispenser! ;-)

> Mugs are also useful... especially if you can get them to just put their
> finger there for just a moment.

Phahahahaa!