POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Audio codec : Re: Audio codec Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Audio codec
From: pan
Date: 3 Dec 2008 02:02:39
Message: <49362f0f@news.povray.org>
"Gail" <gail (at) sql in the wild (dot) co [dot] za> wrote in
message news:49359d1f@news.povray.org...
> Does anyone know of a tool that can identify the audio and video
> codecs used in an avi file?
> I've got a bunch of videos that play fine on my laptop, but have
> no sound when played on my desktop. I'm guessing I'm missing an
> audio codec, but I'm not sure how to find out which one.
>
> Thanks
Aside from the reccomendations for discovering which
codec ...

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

VLC has codecs that will cost you extra for
Windows Media Player.

I tried watching some dvd movies in WMP and
got tangled in codec searches.

Bah.

I tried VLC player and it ran first time quite nicely.
Haven't had a codec problem since.

It is also available as a portable app at,
naturally enough, http://portableapps.com