POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Audio codec : Re: Audio codec Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Audio codec
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Dec 2008 16:26:13
Message: <4935a7f5$1@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:
> Does anyone know of a tool that can identify the audio and video codecs

> used in an avi file?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/codec.mspx

Q. 	How do I tell what codec was used to compress a file or what codecs a
re
installed on my computer?
A.

There isn't an absolute way to do this, but the following are your best o
ptions:

To determine what codec was used with a specific file, play the file in t
he
Player, if possible. While the file is playing, right-click the file in t
he
library, and then click Properties. On the File tab, look at the Audio co
dec
and Video codec sections.

Use a non-Microsoft tool, such as GSpot Codec Information Appliance or

Note that a file can be compressed by more than one codec. For example, o
ne
codec might be used to compress the audio portion of a file and another
codec might be used to compress the video portion of a file. If you have
the
right audio codec installed on your computer but not the right video code
c,
when you play the file you'll probably be able to hear the sound but you

won't be able to see the picture.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)