POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Gail
Date: 2 Dec 2008 13:12:02
Message: <49357a72@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
news:jkraj41muuer1ohs99d9v68d4jtc96k1uo@4ax.com...

> Where do those architects park their brains?

Wish I knew.

> I have something similar in my flat. The living room has floor to ceiling
> windows South and West. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Tut!
> Tut!

Yup. That sounds familiar

>>On the second floor, so above most of the shading trees.
>
> Do you live in the bush? :)

No. I live in a city.

> Small trees, I'm on the forth floor and the trees
> outside are about 10 feet higher than my window.
> Come to think of it I did not see many tall trees in Nigeria except in the
> Delta
> but then I was above them in a helicopter so it was hard to gauge the
> height.

The tallest trees around here come to about the top of my window. Pity
they're too far away to give effective shade.

The building is pretty high. The ground floor (which is a parking area) is
about 4 m high (a guess, I haven't measured). The floors aren't as high, but
my ceiling is 2.75 m above the floor (which really made curtains expensive,
and doesn't help with the temp in winter)