POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to the wiki? : Re: What happened to the wiki? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to the wiki?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Dec 2008 13:05:09
Message: <493578d5$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 13:36:51 +1100, Chris Cason wrote:

> Had a gold-selling spammer and rather than deal with a take-down put-up
> take-down blah blah cycle I just took it offline since he'd been the
> only contributor for maybe two months. Nothing's been removed, it's all
> still in the DB, and it will come back online eventually.
>
> Moral: I can't have a publicly-editable wiki without someone monitoring
> changes (I don't have time). It one or several of you want to enforce
> proper usage of the wiki and regularly monitor changes (like, at least
> once a day amongst you) then I'll put it back online more or less
> immediately.

Ugh, and Chris, I have to apologise for dropping out the way I did - I
should've contacted you and let you know what was up.  I've had time to
run through the groups as part of my normal NNTP runs, but I hadn't had
time for the wiki with changes in my responsibilities at work - life just
got in the way.  There's nothing like having to learn an entire new job
to throw things completely out of whack.

Really kinda feeling like I let the side down....

I'm *hoping* things will settle down in the next couple of months and
give me time in the evenings again.

Jim