POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 09:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Dec 2008 11:29:07
Message: <49356253@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> The problem is, after 4 months the battery in a laptop stops working,

I suspect they've fixed this. It used to be somewhat the problem.

> impossible to use a computer without a mouse, so you must have a mouse
> connected too.

Most laptops have such built in these days.

> (plural)... I don't need those connected *all* the time, but it's a faf
> to plug stuff in each time I need it...

So go to the desktop machine when you need them. Share the printer and use
it remotely when you need it. :-)

I have a friend whose house is networked to the nines, and he still
complains about his flakey KVM.  What??

> In short, a laptop makes no sense for me at all. And yet, I keep wanting
> to buy one.

They are indeed like that, I will say.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)