POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Gail
Date: 2 Dec 2008 09:03:23
Message: <4935402b@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message news:49353934@news.povray.org...

>> My dad has problems to this day with computers randomly dropping their
>> network connections or just plain not seeing the WiFi router at all. To
>> the point that he's lifting floorboards to run cables round the building
>> to make his gear actually ****ing work properly.
>
> Hmm maybe bad/cheap access point/network card/drivers?  I have 3 machines
> running at home over wireless continuously with no problems, in addition
> even my phone, PS3 and Wii connect to it!

Agreed. My deskop and laptop use wireless, the server and xbox have network
cables plugged into the router. I can work anywhere in the flat on the
laptop and still see the wireless.
Signal's a bit low in the bedroon (thick, very solid walls) I may have to
pick up a repeater sometime.

Generally cheap routers/access points cause bad signal.